Al-Kindy College of Medicine is the second medical college in University of Baghdad. It was established in 1998 just beside Al-Kindy Teaching Hospital- Al Nahda Square, Baghdad. The M.B.Ch.B. degree is given to the student after finishing the six year course.
The first graduation ceremony in this college was done in summer, 2005, the college is committed to support the Iraqi community with physicians who are qualified in the diagnosis and treatment of its health problems and who have the ethics of the profession, it also seeks for enriching the medical specialties with the researches that helps in solving health problems in our society.
The college buildings extend through area in the center of Baghdad. Wonderful green gardens are located between these buildings which forms about one third of its area.
Al-Kindy College of Medicine used to follow the traditional six year program approved by the higher committee for medical education in Iraq to graduate a physician with a bachelor degree in medicine, but in the last three years the college had adapted new training program that mostly depend on integration between basic and clinical postings with students centered approach , after gaining the approval for this academic training approach from the ministry of higher education and scientific research and University of Baghdad since the academic year 2012-2013.
The Post Graduate Studies started science the academic year 2010-2011 with:
Higher diploma in medical education in Iraq. 2010
Higher diploma in family medicine- 2014
The vision of Al-Kindy College of Medicine is to be globally recognized with excellence in medical education and values imperative to health care priorities.
Is to adopt an updated medical training program and to achieve community based learning through twinning with creditable universities ,adhering with global standards, encouraging researches, and seeking exceptionally promising students to develop their ethical and humanistic values to serve the goal of graduating a 5 star competent and professional physicians.
Program Educational Objectives (PEO)
General objectives of undergraduate medical education:
- Graduating competent physicians providing the best health care within hospital and the community with special emphasis on primary health care.
- Physicians who are able to determine and identify community health problems through proper linkage of medical education provided with the priority health problems and needs.
- Adoption of educational program focusing on priority and primary health care.
- Adoption of lifelong learning and Assessments strategies.
- Establishing an integrated health care system with cooperation of MOH and WHO.
- Carry out research programs oriented to community problems and health needs.
- Providing good working environment for students, faculty, and other personnel with emphasis on high academic, professional and ethical standards within the university campus. Freedom of opinions and respect of others opinions and encouragement in exchanging knowledge.
- Demonstrate an understanding of contemporary knowledge, skills, and attitude in communication.
- Possess behaviors of medical ethics with a compassionate and socially accountable human being.
- Identify common health problems in our community, manage them initially, advice public about the prevention and provide education to people on health and health related matters.
- Develop a health care team-approach and give respect to all other members of the team.